Thursday, August 16, 2012

Positive School Year 2012-2013

Today I return to work -- not the fun, creating fun stuff/printing off cute things/surfing Pinterest and blogs for hours/decorating my classroom kind of work, but the "I have to be there from 8:00 - 4:00" kind of work.  We have 7 days of various trainings, presentations, etc. before the students arrive.  That is certainly more than usual.  One day only is a "work day" to be used in our classrooms, which is the usual... I have been a teacher long enough to know that even that day will be filled with random meetings and "putting out fires" that may arise.

I am committed to keep my passion for teaching alive this year!  I am grateful to God for giving me a job where I am often (not always) able to see the fruits of my labor.  I know how important it is to be a teacher.  I know there will be times this year that I will feel like I don't know what I'm doing, like I can't get it right, like maybe 2nd grade wasn't a good idea, but I refuse to give in to the negativity.  I will tell myself the TRUTH:

God called me to this profession.
My worth comes from Him.
I am a servant, a cheerful giver.
I always do what I believe to be right for students. 
I am loved and blessed beyond measure.
I love and try to bless others!

I hope each of you remembers these things as well.  Welcome Back to School 2012-2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment